Thursday, August 19, 2021

MERAKI: Book Tour and Creative Review Tour

 "Sing loud and proud, syren!"

Photo credits: @naomikellywriting

Hello bookish people of the universe! Again, I am very much excited and honored to be part of Kingdom Hiraeth Tours for another Book Tour as well as Creative Review Tour for Meraki: A Syren Story by author Naomi Kelly. Thank you so much to these amazing people for having me as one of their tour hosts!
Check them out and follow their social media accounts by clicking the links below:

Follow author Naomi Kelly on her social media accounts:

Follow Kingdom of Hiraeth Tours on their social media accounts:

Purchase/Order links:

Photo credits: @naomikellywriting

About the Book

Title: Meraki: A Syren Story
Genre: YA Fantasy
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Her song is a gift bestowed by the gods; so why does it feel like a curse?

Seventeen-year-old Wren thinks she has just swum away from the greatest threat in the sea. That's until she finds herself being hauled upon a warlord's boat. With her life at the mercy of a young, temperamental King, Wren must decide who is her ultimate enemy.
Can Fate be altered? What do gods have planned?

Syrens are bound to tell the truth, but that doesn't mean their lives cannot be riddled with lies.

I am so happy I signed up for this tour. Thank you so much to Kingdom of Hiraeth Tours and Ms. Naomi Kelly for choosing me and giving a digital copy of Meraki. It was such an amazing book! Read more to know my thoughts and review for Meraki.
Book Review
Photo taken from my own bookstagram account:
https://www.instagram.com/em_ademigod/

Meraki: A Syren Story by Naomi Kelly
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

If you are a YA Fantasy lover, Meraki is for you! A wonderful mythical tale of a syren who has a powerful voice, enough to destroy tons, still she has no intention in using it to wreak havoc. All she wants is to escape from her destiny, but when captured by King Kellan, ruler of the Lunar Islands her voice is use as a weapon to help save the kidnapped siblings of the passionate, volatile young King.

"My weapon is not visible, yet infinitely stronger than any blade you could wield."

Meraki is a story worth diving into!
Honestly, I have no expectations when I started reading this book. It is my first YA Fantasy novel set at sea and I don't want to be let down just because I have my hopes up, but I was fully surprised by how amazing this book turned out. I was hooked from the very beginning that I slept around 4am. Yes, that's how great the book was that I could not put it down! Naomi Kelly's writing style is addictive, the plot itself was very interesting that will intrigue every readers and it has great world-building. I must say the author did her research well when it comes to Greek mythology from the places to every creatures that was mentioned which definitely helped in building its world and made the story spellbinding. However, my concern was the characters not that they are not great, but because the story was a bit fast-paced that we have little background about them. I just hoped there was more about the characters especially Wren and King Kellan. Every character in the story could've been developed more but I still do like them. Wren was such a sassy syren and at the same time a very strong protagonist while King Kellan was all moody, a softie when it comes to his siblings and needless to say a powerful King, he's a descendant of a god after all. Moreover, the fact that Meraki is a enemies to lovers trope intensified my interest on reading it, I mean who would not get hooked with it? Especially there is a 'knife to the throat' and 'if-you-don't-behave-I-will-kill-you' scenes. I can't get enough of the thrill and romantic excitement but I think the 'enemies-to-lovers' became a bit rushed in the middle, like all of a sudden they have loved each other. I just wished the author made it more slow burn however, it was still swoon worthy! In addition, I truly appreciate that this book has a LGBTQ+ representation.

"When it comes to protecting the people I love, there are no rules decreed by any man nor god that I am not willing to break"

The romance was indeed captivating but I also love that Meraki talks about family relationship too. A gripping novel, action-packed and absorbed by its twist and turns. Furthermore, I was caught off guard by the meaning behind why the book was called Meraki, I don't want to give any spoilers but it was really fascinating! I can't wait and very much excited to read Kairos which is the second and last book for this duology. I need more of King Kellan 💖
Overall, I genuinely enjoyed reading this book! I highly recommend Meraki to all fantasy lovers and who are whipped for enemies-to-lovers trope. It was such a unique and fun read! Meraki is not your ordinary mystical 'tail'.

"Together, or not at all"

To convince you more in reading Meraki, check out the video below made thru Tiktok by the author herself.
Meraki: A Syren Story in GIFS
                                           Video credits: @naomikellywriting

Spread love and goodness as always,
                                                          em💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ARC Tour and Book Review: A Light in the Sky (Clashing Skies #1)

Photo credits:  https://www.instagram.com/shinareynolds/ Hello bookish people of the universe! I'm so happy to be part of the A Light in...

Popular Posts